Nestled in the midst of one of Southern California’s most breathtaking valleys, the cities of Temecula and Murrieta never disappoint when it comes to offering the most romantic escapes.
1. If you are planning a memorable getaway in the Inland Empire, keep these exceptional ideas at the top of your list. Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the Temecula Valley aboard a hot air balloon.
Peaceful, private, and simply unforgettable. Hot air balloon rides are available all year round (weather permitting), and coincide with the sunrise. There is nothing like panoramic views slowly being illumined by the morning sun.
Book your hot air balloon ride here:
- A Balloon Adventure by California Dreamin’ (951-699-0601)
- A Grape Escape Balloon Adventure (951-699-9987)
- A Balloon Adventure by Magical Adventures (951-699-5800)
2. Marvel at the natural wonders of Tenaja Falls.
Tenaja Falls in Murrieta is one of the most remarkable natural attractions in the area. A five-tiered 150-foot waterfall serves as the main draw at this site. Plan a hike during the winter months to witness the falls in its full glory and then visit during summer to see the difference.
Access to the Tenaja Falls is available either by hiking or by guided horseback riding tours. The roundtrip takes about 1.5 miles on trails kept in great condition by the US Forest Service.
3. Sample genuine Temecula wines inside a cave at Oak Mountain Winery.
Take your date to Oak Mountain Winery (951-699-9102) for one of the best wine-tasting experiences in the Temecula Wine Country. Sampling happens inside a subterranean wine cave – a hollowed-out space under a hill where one of Oak Mountain Winery’s vineyards continues to flourish.
Not only is the wine cave a unique venue, it also creates ideal conditions for wine storage. The cave’s temperature and humidity levels are best suited to preserve the wines, so you’re sure that you are sampling nothing but the best flavors that Oak Mountain Winery has to offer.
4. Go on a scenic horseback ride capped by a wine-tasting stop at Murrieta’s Susie Q Ranch.
Susie Q Ranch (951-551-4585) in Murrieta offers a delightful way to experience the Temecula Valley’s remarkable terrain – a 90-minute horseback tour that culminates with a wine-tasting stop at Lorimar Winery in Temecula.
Guided tours are available, but experienced riders may also request a private ride to guarantee those romantic moments. At the Lorimar Winery, you and your date will sample a lineup of six wines each.
5. Pamper yourselves with a memorable spa date.
If you and your date simply prefer a quiet day of pampering, try these local community favorites:
- The GrapeSeed Spa at South Coast Winery (855-695-5665 ext. 7290)
The ultimate spa destination in Temecula features a luxurious three-story spa and fitness club facility that offers various ways to unwind, from tranquility paths, to heated saltwater pools, and everything in between.
- Murrieta Day Spa & Hair Studio (951-677-8111)
Already a local icon in downtown Murrieta, this award-winning destination offers specialty massages, signature facials, and many more treatments that set the bar for relaxation and rejuvenation.
If you would like to make Temecula and Murrieta your permanent or vacation home, browse the site to view your options. For inquiries, call 951.389.4175 or email [email protected]
You can also send me a message here.